Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cycling into the new decade!

As 2009 approaches its end and edged on by friends, I furiously (or foolishly) agreed to sign up for various races - NTU Bike Rally (21 Feb), TriBob Duathlon (14 Mar), Adidas Sundown half-Marathon (29 May).

To get me started, I have been cycling (leisurely) every weekend since the new year. The Park Connector Network (PCN) is a safe haven for leisure cyclists to get some decent exercise and explore interesting suburban neighborhoods, parks, canals and routes not otherwise accessible by car or coverable by foot. And of course, one cannot ignore the makan places dotting these PCNs!

I think the government has done a wonderful job with the East and West PCNs - the two I have ridden on thus far. I can't wait to enjoy the other PCNs out there.

The plan is for 160km of PCN across all of Singapore by 2015 [link].

Experience a ride on the PCN for a truly intimate adventure with the Singaporean landscape and its people. Just remember to ride slow. Soak in the sights and share smiles and greetings with other fellow PCN users (pedestrians, joggers, rollerbladers, etc).

My friends and I are already planning for our next ride to the North PCN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home